April 20 - April 27, 2019
For almost 30 years, the South Portland Land Trust’s Earth Day Clean-up has been a signature event. Through the support of the City of South Portland and hundreds of citizens, we've removed tons of trash and debris from our trails and public spaces.
Announcing Earth Week 2019
Given the success of the Earth Day event every year and the continued enthusiasm from the community in caring for shared open space, SPLT—in partnership with the South Portland Parks Department—is excited to announce Earth Week 2019: an eight-day series of environmental activities.
A Full Week of Events
Earth Week will include an impressive slate of events, designed to engage our community at a wide level. In addition to our annual Saturday Clean-up, this year’s events include:
• Earth Week film festival, featuring three widely acclaimed films
• Nature writing workshop on Long Creek Trail
• School-wide Earth Week programs—a collaborative effort with the school district
• Redbank Community Center event featuring live music, food trucks, and family-friendly activities
• Business Earth Day Clean-up
• Earth friendly fitness day and tree planting events
Since the first Earth Day in 1970, this annual celebration has been a successful catalyst for ongoing environmental education, action, and change. Our Earth Week events will not only coincide with other events taking place throughout the world on Earth Day, but will work to encourage our community to care even more deeply for our shared home.
Stay tuned for Earth Week event updates by follwing us on Facebook. If you'd like to help as a volunteer of business sponsor, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to seeing you in April!